Thursday, March 11, 2010

Adventures of Kortney Bellea

Kortney will be 2 on June 3rd, boy this girl is a little spitfire. I just wanted to record a few of her adventures lately so that they don't go forgotten. Let's just say I think she senses that things are going to change soon, so she has kept life fun for all. ;)
Her new thing: I was sweeping my kitchen floor and found 6 little felt circles on the floor, next day come in and see Kortney's little eyes peaking over the cupboard door. She was chewing off the little felt circles off of the cupboard doors, now she likes to chew on the doors. Crazy little girl, hopefully we have taught her that is a no no. She recognized those words, No-no a little too well right now.
A few evenings ago Mike took Katie out and I was back in my bathroom. Kortney comes running in with a sopping wet wash cloth saying, "need help, need help." I follow her back into the kitchen and she had got the lemonade out of the fridge got a glass out and tried pouring her own drink. The whole pitcher of lemonade was on the kitchen floor. The cute thing is that she had gone and got her stool out of her bathroom, carried it all the way out to the kitchen sink to get a wash cloth out. After I'm sure a discouraging try, realized the mess was just too big.
A great accomplishment, she is officially off of the bottle. I know so many people say bottles aren't good, but I let my kids keep them till 2. With the baby being born around her birthday, I thought I better do it now before the baby comes. Next month will be the big girl bed and sharing a room with her big sister.

6 comments:

Eeva said...

She is such a cutie!!!

Krista Neil said...

Gotta love it!!! (I only say that because it was you not me he he) No I love ya!

kaylambees said...

ahh that's so cute!!! i can't believe she can say things like "need help" wow!

Melinda and Jeff Dalebout said...

little miss independent

Missy said...

I love me some Korters!

Tamsen said...

I can't believe she's 2 already.

Funny you would mention the felt circles. I just barely got around to replacing all mine from when my kids picked them off--probably like 7 years ago.

Sometimes life with little ones is just one adventure after another. :)