Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


Mike and I took our family to the Draper Temple Open House yesterday, what a wonderful opportunity to take your children through a temple, the house of the Lord.
First off, the drive there, we were driving over the top of the mountain heading down toward the temple and Katie says, "Hey dad, there is a lake you might like to fish." Those of you not here in Utah, the air has been horrible out, I have been a little cautious of taking my kids out. Well she thought the city topped with smog was a new lake.
As I was saying it was a wonderful experience for me to take my two girls through the temple. Katie was full of questions, she would ask about the paintings, about where she gets dressed when she gets married, why you get married in the temple, etc. What was neat for me was standing and looking into the eternity mirrors with my family, showing Katie that it goes on and on and on. Also the spirit I felt as we stood in the Celestial room all together. It was just amazing to me, the feeling I got as we got to share our testimonies with Katie.
For those of you who don't have tickets yet, you need to get them and take your family. Mike went back today with his boss. The two of us have been praying that we will be able to take a non member, and well our prayers were answered. His boss wanted to go through and see what our temples are all about.

4 comments:

Krista Neil said...

My Dad invited us to a temple building commitee for Draper early. I loved how subtle the colors were in that one, it was beautiful. Alissa loved it and had questions as well, it was really cold that night thought.

Middletonfamily said...

We got our tickets for Feb when Jays parents are out visiting. Reading your post made me even more excited. Whenever we go and visit the temple Nathan always is begging to go inside and now he finally can!

LivingstonClan said...

I felt the Spirit just reading your post! Makes me want to take my kids, even if they are CRAZY! Thanx! Funny comment from Katie about the "inversion!"

Judd Sarah and Jackson said...

That is so cool that you were able to take Katie, she is old enough to remember that for the rest of her life! I loved the conversations post too! that is SO funny!