Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's been one year!

Yes, one year ago, Mike came home from basketball and we smelt something HORRIBLE!  We went down stairs and this is what we saw...
Notice this is after they started cleaning the basement.  I didn't use the pictures that are too disturbing.
Yes that is my brand new bathtub filled with poo poo water.  We came down stairs and the sewage was coming from everywhere, the tub, the toilet, that emergency drains, etc.  I about died, Mike just ran in, ankle deep and started moving things, handing them to me through the window.  He even somehow got our brand new leather sectional up on the pool table.  He was very upset I wasn't down there helping him, do you blame me...  Who knows who's crap I was wading through.  Turns out that the city sewage line had cement dropped in and luck has it that it found our basement.  Mike took 2 years building the basement, it had been done for 3 weeks then in an instant we had to start over again. Luckily this time the restoration co. finished it and after a long fight with the city I have my basement back!!!  BYU football just wouldnt be the same without our BYU room.

1 comment:

Krista Neil said...

That is so nasty, I bet you are glad that that is over and done with.