Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pregnancy Loss

Today is stillbirth and pregnancy loss remembrance day, I know I have only had a miscarriage, but it made me think of my experience.  So I thought I would share a little of my experience with miscarriage, before Kortney (4months old) we lost 2 pregnancies, 1 at 8 weeks, the other at 12 weeks.  I don't think anyone can tell you what emotions you will go through when losing a pregnancy.  You love the fetus already so much and have bonded.  I opted not to have a D&C, and let things work out naturally.  It was very hard for me to cope with the idea of wanting a baby so bad and the fact that my body wouldn't cooperate with my plans.  I now know what was the problem, I knew that it wasn't my fault, but no matter who tells you that, you blame yourself.  Thoughts I had, maybe if I didn't lift that, or move that.  Maybe if I would have listened to my body and stopped weeding when I felt I should.  What is the Lord trying to teach me?  I know there is a spirit waiting to come to my home.  I love this baby already, why do you need to take it back home Heavenly Father.

Thanks to getting my blood drawn a million times, thanks to medical technology we finally got our little Kortney.  She is the most amazing spirit, she is filled with light and happiness.  She just looks into your eyes and you know how wonderful her little spirit is.  When I was going in for my induction at 40 weeks (yes, we made it that long after being on bed rest, horrible)  Mike gave Katie a blessing.  In that blessing it talked about Kortney waiting so long to come to this Earth, her and Katie were best friends once before, Kortney wanted to come with her, but katie is here to be her example, her friend and protector here on Earth.  It was amazing.
              
Things I learned:  I need to rely on my Father in Heaven and be patient with his plan for me.  Also I need to depend on the Priesthood, and know I can ask my husband for a blessing whenever I feel prompted.  I also learned that love is an amazing thing.  If any of you ever have to experience this please let me know, I know there is nothing I can do, but a Diet Coke and treat can go pretty far when you feel like crap.  

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow that was really great! My sister had a miscarriage and I know how hard it was for her. I can only imagine it being my child. I am sure they are in heaven waiting for you to come back!

Krista Neil said...

Meagan although I have never had the heart-wrenching experience of losing a baby, I know how it is wanting Heavenly Father to send you a baby so bad, and it not happening. Sometimes I would just cry because I could not (never really have) figure out what was wrong with me. I hope that he knows how much we care for his little spirits after all we go through to get them here. Medical advancement has come a long way. I to had to get my blood drawn a lot, and several other "procedures" they thought might help, but didn't. Now I just look at my little Camber (on her good days, lol) and I know I would do it over again in a heartbeat, no matter what the cost. I am sure that when we get to Heaven this will all make sense, until then we just have to remember that "this to shall pass" and look to the bright things in life. Love You, Krista:)