Sunday, December 21, 2008

Food Memmories

So, Mike and I have had this on going fued over food we ate as children. He says that if I were to eat it without the memory of loving it as a child, then I probably wouldn't think it tastes that great. A few examples:
Grilled cheese sandwiches with mini marshmellows grill in them.
Biscuits with orange juice, butter, and sugar poured over them then baked.
Kraft Mac and cheese
Cambells Tomato soup
Dipping Toast in Hot Chocolate
The list goes on. I still think all those things are the best treats ever. Do you think it has to do with the memory of loving it as a child or that I still just love it. What kinds of things do you still like from when you were a child?

3 comments:

Krista Neil said...

Can't think of any off hand, but there are several times when I'm at my parents eating something like that and Eric comments that it is just strange. Eric's family however is a different story. His family loves homemade rice pudding, I think it's nasty. He has some things that have to made from his mom's recipee or he think they just are not good (i.e. pumpkin pie, sugar cookies, frosting, etc.).

Jeff D said...

I have to agree that all of those things are gross. I used to eat toe jam, but I don't do it as an adult.

Missy said...

I love all those things!! And a secret source told me that Jeff D still does eat toe jam, but that's for another time! :) I do think that you love certain things as a kid and they stick with you- everything but mayo and tortilla chips! I also think you learn to love MORE things when you grow up that you never would eat as a kid! I guess that's the trade off. I agree with both you and mikers. Ha! Whatdayano!