Thursday, November 19, 2009

Boston

I was so lucky, my mom and a few of my sisters thought it would be fun to all go to Boston for a week. So I arrange baby sitting and Mike was going to watch the girls and I could go play. I was so anxious just before, I had never left Kortney for more than 1 night. I got on that airplane and enjoyed every minute of my trip. Here are a few pictures.

I loved the gas lamps

We went on what they call a Duck Tour of the city. This car turns into a boat and goes in the water too. It was a fun way to see the city. :)

The memorial for those who lost their lives in the consentration camps really hit me. There were 6 of these towers and each number represented a person who lost their life.


Going to the temple was quite the ordeal. We cought the train, then cought a bus and then walked to the temple.

When we got there it was so worth it to go. First of all there was nobody in the session except us and 3 other people. It is so nice to go to the temple with your sisters and mom. It was a beautiful temple.
Next, we went to Sharon, Vermont for a day. I think this was the highlight of my trip. The leaves had all changed color and it was just a nice day.
This is where the home stood that Joseph Smith Jr. was born in.

This is a monument that early members of church built. It is an amazing story.

A picture of the beautiful leaves.

Then we went to Ben and Jerry's for a tour and ice cream. :)
I loved the city of Boston.

The last day we visited Salem. Visiting Salem was quite intersting since it was the month of October.

I got home and the children were all healthy for the most part. The house was still standing. Plus we got new roommates, Rachel, Jason and their family moved in while they are between houses.

No comments: