Thursday, November 19, 2009

Janet Ella Wood

Those of you who know me well, know that when I was 10 yrs. old my family had the most Awesome oppurtunity, my Aunt Janet came to live with us. She would come and stay for summers for as long as I could remember, but this time she was moving in. At first I don't think I appreciated the oppurtunity as much as I should, but now I realize she tought me to rely on the Lord. She tought me what unconditional love is. She tought me how to hug. She tought me that it is ok to grieve. She tought me that my Father in Heaven is ALWAYS there for me. She tought me that it is ok to enjoy dessert. Lastly to trust.
Mom and Dad were up in Logan for the day so I voluneered to take lunch to Janet. I took lunch to her and she was really quiet, just sitting in her chair. I asked her if she needed anything and she just smiled. About 1.5 hours later I realized I forgot to record the BYU game for dad, so I drove back over, and when I walked in to the house I had a feeling to go check on Janet. Downstairs I went. Ther was my dear Auntie laying on her bed having a little fit. I thought maybe she had just faited, tose of you who know Janet, know what I mean. So I went up poured her a glass of apple juice and realized when I got down stairs that she was in trouble. She needs help. I called Mike, he and his brother come right over to give her a blessing. They give her a blessing, I am going nuts, intinct tells you to help her so she doesn't need to suffer. I call 911, while on the phone with them she passed away.
It was quite an ordeal for me, because they wouldn't just pronounce her death and they were quit rough with her body, but I guess they were just doing their job.

This death really affected Katie. Aunt Janet is the first person Katie has known really well that has past away. It was so wonderful explaining the whole plan of salvation to my 6 year old. I got to explain to her that Aunt Janet was such a special soul that she wanted to come and live on Earth so badly that she was willing to have a body that didn't fully work. Now that her Spirit has gone to live with Heavenly Father she can get married "on Thursday" that is what Janet would say. She can do gymnastics, she can ice skate and do all those things that she always told me she could do. Best of all she can finally go to the temple like she has always wanted to do. (well,I guess in a year)
Katie wrote in her journal all about her experience with Janet. Doesn't she look beautiful. Katie also had the oppurtunity to place the sheet on her before they closed the casket.
Some pictures of the funeral.


I loved being your "daughter" here on Earth Auntie Janet. I love you.

1 comment:

Missy said...

So sweet. Makes me happy to know that she can finally do a real cartwheel!! :) Thanks for the post.