Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The case of the missing snake...

So this morning I got our carpets cleaned!!!  hooray!!!  Mike thinks he is jungle man or something and needs to have 4 snakes living in our home.  I don't really care for the snakes, but will allow them to stay because the kids love to come and play with all of our animals.  (We have a dog, cat, 4 snakes, toad, plus the bugs the frog eats, the fish and the mice the snakes eat).  I have the guy cleaning the carpets and Tucker is in Mikes office so that he doesn't run on my clean carpet.  I hear him barking and ignore it, after the guy leaves I go to let Tucker outside and I notice the snakes cage is wide open.  Good thing it was the cage with only 1 snake in it.  So Katie and I go on a snake hunt with flashlights.  Katie says that she will get the snake because she is not a scared cat like mom.  Anyway Kortney is screaming because she has got a little cold and Katie is yelling, "Mom!  Mom! I found a clue."  Anyway i go look and sure enough there is snake poop on my baseboards.  So I help Katie look under the book case and there the little sneaky thing is.  He get's scared and goes behind the chair so I tell Katie to hurry and get it while I am trying to shew it away.  She freaks and says no I can't get it I'm scared.  So I get her a t-shirt of Mikes to use to catch it like her daddy does when he is playing Jungle man.  To make a long story short she got the snake and it is in his cage now.  I can sleep good tonight knowing he is safe in his cage.

1 comment:

Jen R. said...

More like YOU are safe in your bed! ha ha I can only imagine a little friend creeping in with me, I would FREAK!