Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Keith and Lisa's wedding

On March 12th Melinda, Haley, Kelsey, Kortney, Katie and I all got into Melinda's van and set off to sunny Arizona for my nephew Keiths wedding.

Not too excited to drive 12 hours with 2 babies under 1, a 3 yr. old and a 5 yr. old, but we did it!!! The wedding was wonderful! Lisa did a good job planning, it was a beautiful event. Katie was so excited to go to a wedding. She explained to Haley while Melinda and I were doing hair that it's ok to sit still for a long time to get your hair done when you go to weddings. Katie just loves the fairy tale that weddings bring to a little girl. Kortney did pretty good also. For a little girl who loves her routine and her bed, she traveled quite well. Here are a few pictures.



All the cousins had so much fun seeing one another and playing together.



I decided that traveling with another woman is kind of nice. Melinda had the same ideas as me. It is so much easier when traveling to get there, unload the car of EVERYTHING, clean out the trash, put things away, then go have FUN!!! You don't have to worry about it the rest of the time. :) Sometimes Mike doesn't understand that.



Keith Jr. has a special place in my heart. He, and his family came to live with us for a year when he was 4 yrs. old. I took care of him, I would walk him to school sometimes or pick him up. He always has had this special place in my heart. (yes, many of my nieces and nephews do) I am so glad to see him happy, to see him all grown up. He looked so handsome in his uniform. Keith has so much respect for all those around him. I wish he and Lisa so much love and joy in their life together.

2 comments:

Krista Neil said...

Kudos on the 12 hour drive :)

Melinda and Jeff Dalebout said...

Whens our next road trip. Next year we will have to plan one durring tax season/ Mike out of town. Haley wants to go on another trip with KK and you. Love the pics.