Friday, April 3, 2009

Oceanside Harbor


I love it when we got visit my brothers in Vista, Ca. I lived there from ages 5-9, then I went back and went to college there for 1 year when I was 18-19. I love the beach. It just energizes you and gives you a sense of peace. Plus sitting in the sun a little while it is snowing at home is kind of fun too. Katie LOVED the ocean. Last time we were here she loved playing in the sand but wasn't to fond of getting in the water. Well, the water was freezing and she was totally playing in it. It makes me so happy that we can go there every year so that she can have some of the memories I had as a child. Here is a little video of her looking for sea shells, she found quite the collection and they are now in a small basket in her bathroom.

Kortney was only 3 weeks old last time we were here, she was 9.5 months old this time! She also loved the sand, although se loved eating it, but that's ok. I have totally enjoyed Kortney over the last little while. She is learning to explore things on her own and play with her sister. I love how happy she is.

As you can see we had a wonderful trip to California,it was a great excuse to get out there and visit my family. I just wish I had time to visit with friends also. I tell many people that the short year I lived in Vista for school was one that I will always remember. I LOVED IT!! I have moved many times through out my life, 14 times I think. So I have never been in 1 place long enough to make life long friends. Infact when I got married I just had a reception in Utah, because I didn't have anyplace that felt like home and I knew that my close family and friends would be there. Some of my life long friends and fondest memories are from there in Vista and Palomar Institute. I loved the friendships I built there.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

That looks like so much fun. We are planning on going to California in June hopefully and I hope we get to see the beach too. Can't wait for the sunshine

fillmore family said...

I loved your post! We are headed out to CA next month, and I can't wait to make it to the beach! I grew up in Cali. and so I too have a special place in my heart for the beach :) I enjoyed your video clips of the girls, it has inspired me to do the same thing when we are there! And, thanks for your post on my blog, as soon as we are all settled in our new house, we should have you guys down sometime! Take care!

Brady & Sherry Jones said...

I want to go with you next time.

Krista Neil said...

Jealous of the beach and the sunshine, sounds better than the winter returns around here :)